iF Poems is an acclaimed app for the iPad and iPhone that is a collection of 270 classic poems with audio readings by Helena Bonham Carter, Harry Enfield, Tom Hiddleston and Bill Nighy. Poetry from Shakespeare to Yeats to Whitman to Duffy.
Apple have chosen the app as Editor's Choice, All Time Favourite app in Education.
There is also a beautiful hardback book: 'iF: A Treasury of Poems for Almost Every Possibility." published by Canongate. (Amazon)
The illustrations are by the artist, Natasha Law.
You can search by title, author, first line or any word.
iF Poems is available from the App Store worldwide.
iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad. (iTunes)
10% of sales goes to help fund the work of Save the Children.
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. Around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.
We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
- provide lifesaving supplies and emotional support for children caught up in disasters like floods, famine and wars
- campaign for long-term change to improve children’s lives
- improve children’s access to the food and healthcare they need to thrive
- secure a good quality education for the children who need it most
- protect the world’s most vulnerable children, including those separated from their families because of war, natural disasters, extreme poverty and exploitation
- work in the poorest countries to help families out of the poverty cycle, so they can feed and support their children
Poems read by Tom Hiddleston:
Us Two by AA Milne (w/ Helena B. Carter)
Bright Star! by John Keats
As I Walked Out One Evening by WH Auden
Down by the Salley Gardens by WB Yeats
If Music Be the Food of Love by William Shakespeare
Love and Friendship by Emily Bronte
Sonnet 130 by William Shakespeare
When You Are Old by WB Yeats
from The Princess by Lord Alfred Tennyson
To His Coy Mistress by Andrew Marvell
The Duck and the Kangaroo by Edward Lear (w/ Helena B. Carter)
There is No Woman's Sides by William Shakespeare (w/ Helena B. Carter)
Dover Beach by Matthew Arnold